Home | Dance Classes | Benefits of Dance
The Benefits of Studying Dance
- Exercise: Dancing is a physical activity that promotes health and fitness.
- Patience: The process of learning effective practice skills aids in developing patience.
- Confidence and Poise: Frequent performance helps develop confidence and poise that will be useful in dealing with many situations in life.
- Perseverance and Commitment: The demands of dance study help develop the skills necessary to follow through on projects and commitments.
- Teamwork and Friendship: Dance study provides opportunities for cooperation and interaction with peers which establish friendships.
- Coordination: The coordination of both small and large muscles is strengthened through dancing.
- Self-Esteem and Satisfaction: As dance skills are developed, students feel a strong sense of satisfaction in their progress and develop a feeling of self-esteem that transfers to other situations in life.
- Creativity and Self-Expression: Dance study provides a forum for communicating feelings and using imagination for creative endeavors.
- Pride in Achievement: Students develop a sense of pride in their abilities through dance achievements.
- Concentration and Memory Skills: The study of dance fosters concentration and memory skills that carry over into other subjects.
- Fun and Excitement: Dancing is fun! This skill can provide hours of entertainment and enjoyment throughout one's entire life.