Home | Music Lessons | Benefits of Studying Music
The Benefits of Studying Music
- Patience: The process of learning effective practice skills aids in developing patience.
- Confidence and Poise: Frequent performance helps develop confidence and poise that will be useful in dealing with many situations in life.
- Perseverance and Commitment: The demands of music study help develop the skills necessary to follow through on projects and commitments.
- Teamwork and Friendship: Music study provides opportunities for cooperation and interaction with peers which establish friendships.
- Coordination: The coordination of both small and large muscles is strengthened through playing a musical instrument.
- Self-Esteem and Satisfaction: As musical skills are developed, students feel a strong sense of satisfaction in their progress and develop a feeling of self-esteem that transfers to other situations in life.
- Creativity and Self-Expression: Music study provides a forum for communicating feelings and using imagination for creative endeavors.
- Pride in Achievement: Students develop a sense of pride in their abilities through musical achievements.
- Concentration and Problem Solving: The study of music fosters concentration and problem solving skills that carry over into other subjects.
- Fun and Relaxation: Playing music and listening to music is fun! This skill can provide hours of entertainment and relaxation throughout one's entire life.